- 8 pieces of paper/cloth twine, each measuring 1m (we bought ours from DAISO for $2; see image for reference
- 4 pieces of tape about 3 cm each (masking tape/scotchtape/MT tape; this is just to tape down the sections later)
- Plant Pot
- 6 - 8 Drinking Straws (any colours)
- A Plant :)
Time Taken: 30 minutes
Step 1 - Get your materials ready
- Tie the 8 pieces of twine together with a simple knot, ensuring all pieces are all equal length when tied.
- At the longer ends, divide the 8 pieces of twine into sections of 2. Then tape them down lightly. (as shown).
- Cut your straws about 1 inch long to form the base support for the planter
- Put the straws through each piece of twine as shown. You will end up using 8 pieces of 1 inch straws.
- Tie a simple knot for each section of 2 pieces of twine as shown
- Try to tie close to where the straws end so that the base is sturdier
- Tape down to secure sections in place cos it can get messy
- You have completed the base! Hooray!
- Add 8 new pieces of 1 inch straws to each piece of twine.
- We used the blue straws for illustrative purpose for Section 2. You can use any colours
Step 5: Re-section - Section 2
- Tie 1 piece of twine with dark blue straw and 1 piece of twine with light blue straw and tie a simple knot
- You will end up with a V-shape section. Total 4 sections as shown
- Add another 8 pieces of 1 inch straws to each of the twines
- We used pink and yellow straws for illustrative purposes
- Tie each of the twines with pink and yellow straws together, creating another V-section as shown. Total 4 sections
- Turn the base over as shown. In case you have not noticed, we've been working the planter from the top down
- Place your pot dead center, pull all the twines up, tie a final simple knot depending on how long you want your planter to drop and you are done!
Original Instructions adapted from Brit+Co